Google analytics is one of the best tools that is offered for free by the Google. It helps you to track the data and the behavior of users of your website or blog. It is crucial to track all the data in order to keep an eye on the activities of the users of your site to ensure success in long-term.
In this article, I am going to tell you the whole process of “how to install google analytics on WordPress website.” This is a step-by-step guide for all the people who are looking for the process to install Google analytics in WordPress.
Why Is Google Analytics Important?
Google analytics allows you to make decisions based on the data collected by it. It helps you to make future plans after getting the data and results for the following factors-
- Who visits your website?
- What do people do when they visit your website?
- When do people visit your website?
- How do people find your website?
- How do people interact with your content?
- What are the demographics & geographical details of the users?
- What devices they’re using to find your website?
Google analytics gives you the answers to all of the questions or factors mentioned above to know about your audience. It gives you other detailed information and lets you track specific activities done by the users as well.
Knowing your audience will help you to decide what changes to make on your site to improve the user experience etc.
Thus, I hope now you know why is it important to have Google analytics installed on your WordPress website.
Let’s move on to the next question-
How To Install Google Analytics On Your WordPress Website?
This is simple and easy to understand guide for you to know the whole installation process of Google Analytics on your WordPress website.
These are the steps to install Google Analytics on Your WordPress Website-
- Sign up With Google Analytics
- First and the foremost step is to sign up with Google analytics and create an account. You can create an account with the help of your Google or Gmail account by signing in. If you don’t have either of it, You have to create it first and then you can sign up for the Google Analytics.
- Once you’ll be signed in with your Gmail account, you’ll be redirected to a screen like below. This is where you have to signup with your Gmail account.
- after signing up, you’ll be shown a screen like below where you have to fill the details like account name, website name, website URL, country, and the time zone
Once you fill all these information, just click on the “Get tracking ID” button. You’ll be shown Google analytics terms and conditions, just select your country and click on “I agree” and then continue.
- Now you’ll be given Google analytics tracing code. You have to copy this code as you have to enter it on your WordPress website to activate it
- Now as you have signed up with Google analytics and have set up an account. Now leave that window open and move on to your website admin panel to install Google analytics on Your WordPress website.
- Login To Admin Panel of Your Website
You can login to your admin panel by typing www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/ in the new tab of your browser.
- Now login to your admin panel after filling in the login details.
- Paste the Tracking Code in Header.php
Now go to the appearance<Editor Section of your dashboard sidebar menu.
Now search for the header.php file and paste the tracking code you’ve copied between the <head> </head> section of the file.
After pasting the code, just click on save button and you’re done installing the WordPress on your WordPress website.
Now Google Analytics will track all the data of the users that visit your website. You can check it in the previous tab from where you copied the tracking code.
You can see the tracking info again after signing in your Google analytics account. All of the data will be presented in a simple and easy manner which s easy to understand and navigate.
If you want to get the analytics data on your admin panel in the dashboard then here is the way to do that.
- Go to the admin panel and in the sidebar menu open plugins<Add new
- Type Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) in the search bar and install & activate the plugin shown below
- After activating the plugin, you’ll see the “Google Analytics” option in the sidebar menu. Go to Google analytics<General settings and click on “authorize”
- After that, you’ll see the given options on the screen, just click on the “Get Access Code” and get the code by signing in to your Google Analytics account in the new tab & Paste the code in the given box and click “Save access code”.
Now you’re done and after saving that code you can access the data directly from your dashboard instead of logging in your Google analytics account multiple times.Hope you understood all the process and steps given above to install Google Analytics on your WordPress. If you have any doubt, just ping me in the comment section below.